What is Envision Oak Point?
Envision Oak Point will provide a unified vision for an area rich in character, community, and culture. It will address the near and long-term future of Oak Point, guiding the evolution of this area to a distinct, connected neighborhood. The visioning process will be shaped by the community at large, with special input from residents, business owners and civic, educational, and faith leaders located within the immediate vicinity of the project.
Key Themes of Envision Oak Point
- Safe – Neighborhoods designed to promote pedestrian activity, with buildings positively engaging streets, civic, natural and formal open spaces.
- Healthy – Street, trail, and open space network that is highly connected, balancing the demands of motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and transit users.
- Diverse – A broad range of housing and retail opportunities serving a population diverse in age, race, ethnicity, income and household size.
- Resilient – Neighborhood patterns that respect Plano’s economy, schools, and natural environment, adding value to Plano and justifying public investment.
- Compatible – Buildings that are appropriately scaled and respectful of surrounding context, supporting thoughtful transitions to adjacent development.
Why is the project needed?
A plan focused on the Oak Point area is needed to address anticipated growth and change. This approach will result in a more detailed analysis of potential development scenarios, allowing the community to evaluate the impact of a range of possibilities. This collaborative approach to planning will position the Oak Point area for growth and change that enhances community and creates a true sense of place.